I write about humans who dance, perform, write, and experience art. As a former dancer who now heads a household of two brilliant kids and two hardworking parents, I'm interested in artists' daily dedications and practices how those intermingle with the more pedestrian aspects of life.
To manage a day-job transition and some family things (if you have a bottle of wine, I can tell you all about the middle school application process!), I took a hiatus from writing and from the Austin Critics Table in fall 2017.
My affiliations include
- Austin Chronicle, arts contributor, 2007–present
- Fjord Review, contributor, 2016–present
- Dance Europe, Boston correspondent, 2004–2006
- Westword, arts contributor, 2003–2004
- Sentinel/Transcript Newspaper Group, arts correspondent, 2003–2004